Kyocera contributes to the goal of sustainable resource recycling by purchasing materials and supplies that have lower environmental impact, reducing new resource consumption, and minimizing waste.
Reduce industrial waste discharge (basic unit) by 1% or more in FY2020 compared to FY2019.
Maintain zero emissions (recycling 99.5% or more of all waste) at all production sites in Japan.
Review of FY2020
Although we implemented measures to reduce the volume of liquid waste, more waste was discharged in FY2020 than in FY2019 by approximately by 4.2%.
We succeeded in maintaining zero emissions (recycling 99.5% or more of total waste) at all our manufacturing sites in Japan.
●Industrial Waste Discharge
Waste Reduction Measures
Industrial Waste Reduction by Internal Treatment
The Niigata Shibata Plant installed equipment to retrieve copper by adding caustic soda to waste acid generated from the plating equipment and then applying heat treatment. After the copper has been retrieved, the waste liquid can be processed by the existing wastewater treatment equipment, making it possible to reduce industrial waste discharge.
●Reduced Waste Discharge
KYOCERA OPTEC (DONGGUAN) CO., LTD. reduced its industrial waste by installing centrifuges for its lens manufacturing process, which allow polishing solution to be reused by separating out impurities.
●Total Waste Reduction
Reduction of approx. 120 tons, FY2020 vs. FY2019
- Environmental Safety Policy / Targets and Promotion System
- Measures to Counter Climate Change
- Water Risk Response
- Recycling Activities
- Initiatives to Prevent Environmental Pollution
- Conservation of Biodiversity
- Environmentally Friendly Products / Green Procurement
- Environmental Communication
- Environmental Load Data
- A History of Our Environmental Protection Activities
- Human Resource Development
- Human Rights
- Promoting Diversity and Inclusion
- Occupational Safety
- Occupational Health, Safety, and Fitness Initiatives
- Supply Chain Management
- Approaches to Raising Quality and Customer Satisfaction Levels
- Social Contribution Activities
- Academic Advancement and Research
- Support for Culture and the Arts
- International Exchanges and Collaboration
- Environmental Protection Activities
- Local Community Activities
- Contributions to Society through Business Activities