- Basic policies
- Purpose of use of personal information
- Joint use of personal information
- Production of Anonymously Processed Information and provision of it to third parties
- Handling of Specific Personal Information, etc.
- Handling of personal information on websites
KYOCERA Corporation (“Kyocera”, “we”, “our” or “us”) understands that personal information is important information constituting privacy and believes that ensuring thorough protection of such information is our social responsibility. When handling personal information, Kyocera will comply with laws and regulations regarding personal information and undertake the following:
1. Basic policies
- Appointment of managers
Kyocera appoints a director in charge of personal information protection. Kyocera also appoints a manager who handles personal information for each department and has them perform appropriate management, thus striving to protect personal information.
- Strengthening of employee education
Kyocera provides all persons who handle personal information with activities to raise their awareness thereof and in-house education on compliance with laws and regulations and other norms concerning the protection of personal information.
- Acquisition of personal information
When obtaining personal information, Kyocera clarifies the purpose of use, obtains information within an appropriate scope, and does not use the information for any purpose other than the intended one.
- Provision of personal information
Kyocera does not provide the personal information of our customers to third parties without their consent, except in the following cases:
- The provision of personal information is necessary to protect the life, body, or property of an individual and it is difficult to obtain his/her consent.
- Personal information is provided to an outsourcee to the extent it is necessary to achieve the purpose of use. In such a case, Kyocera makes arrangements with the outsourcee for protecting personal information and request they properly handle the personal information that we provided, thus making every effort to protect personal information.
- The provision of personal information is based on laws and regulations
- A business is passed on through a merger, spin-off, business transfer, or other corporate reorganization
- Management and protection of personal information
To prevent the loss, tampering, corruption, and leaking of personal information, Kyocera improves our internal regulations and implements reasonable safety measures, thus striving to protect our customer’s personal information.
- Inquiries about, corrections, deletions, etc. of personal information
When Kyocera receives inquiries about personal information or requests for corrections, deletions, etc. of the same by a customer, we respect the intention and take any necessary measures within reason to complete the request.
- Establishment of a point of contact
Kyocera establishes a point of contact for responding to inquiries about the handling of personal information.
- Conducting audits
Kyocera conducts regular audits of our internal efforts to protect personal information.
- Review and improvement
Kyocera improves the operations of Basic policies and internal rules as appropriate in response to changes in laws and regulations, the social environment, etc.
2. Purpose of use of personal information
Kyocera uses the personal information that we obtain within the scope necessary to achieve the following purposes in our business activities, including the manufacturing, sales, and service of communication equipment, energy-related equipment, machine tools, jewelry, kitchen products, medical products, display products, and various parts, as well as operations outsourced from other companies such as business partners and affiliates.
[Customer’s personal information]
(1) Delivery and installation of purchased products
(2) Repair and/or inspection of purchased products and other after-sales services
(3) Operations related to payment of purchased products
(4) Planning and development of various products and services
(5) Responding to customer requests (requests for documents, product introductions, visits, consultations, etc.)
(6) Announcement of new products and event campaigns in our business and delivery of e-mail magazines
(7) Prize drawing in various campaigns and shipment of goods
(8) Responding to inquiries
(9) Management of reservations and history for our facility visits
(10) Exercise of rights and performance of obligations under contracts with customers, laws, etc.
(11) Purpose explicitly mentioned in obtaining a customer’s personal information
(12) Provision of information to our outsourcees to the extent necessary to respond to customers
(13) Operations incidental to the foregoing purposes
[Shareholder’s personal information]
(1) Exercise of rights and performance of obligations under the Companies Act
(2) Various benefits provided by us to shareholders, including responding to inquiries or requests from shareholders regarding products and services that Kyocera and our group companies provide (incl. responding to inquiries or requests regarding shareholder benefit programs)
(3) Various communications to shareholders
(4) Provision of personal information to stock transfer agencies to the extent necessary to handle shares
(5) Operations incidental to the foregoing purposes
[Personal information of prospective employees]
(1) Acceptance or selection of a prospective employee
(2) Various communications to the prospective employee
(3) Operations incidental to the foregoing purposes
In addition, Kyocera may statistically process and utilize customer information that we obtained. In this case, the information utilized does not contain any information that personally identifies the customer.
3. Joint use of personal information
Kyocera may jointly use the personal information provided by our customers with our group companies.
|Personal information jointly used||Purpose of joint use||Scope of joint use||Party with responsibility for the management of the personal information|
|Personal information concerning credit checks of a customer: Address, full name, telephone number, company name, etc.||Credit management||Group companies (Japanese Only)||Kyocera Corporation|
|Customer information obtained through the website inquiry form or the member-only website or Customer information on customers making inquiries at trade shows: Company name, department name, address, full name, telephone number, e-mail address, etc.||Responding to inquiries, including those to the point of contact, conducting sales activities in response to inquiries at trade shows, selling products and providing related services, providing customer support, using as reference for product development and service improvement, public relations, advertising and sales promotion activities||Group companies||Kyocera Corporation|
|Personal information of a potential Kyocera recruit who is to be assigned to our group companies: Address, full name, telephone number, e-mail address, etc.||Preparation for accepting persons to be assigned to our group companies||Group companies (Japanese Only)||Kyocera Corporation|
4. Production of Anonymously Processed Information and provision of it to third parties
With respect to the following information held by Kyocera, Kyocera produces Anonymously Processed Information so that it is not possible to identify specific individuals or restore the personal information used to create the Anonymously Processed Information. Anonymously Processed Information will be provided to third parties in the following manner. Furthermore, in the future, we plan to continue producing and providing similar Anonymously Processed Information in the same manner.
|Service||Categories of personal information contained in Anonymously Processed Information, and categories of information provided to third parties||How to provide Anonymously Processed Information||Publication date|
The following data sent to our server via HOUSMILE-Network or HOUSMILE-Net products
||September 17, 2021|
5. Handling of Specific Personal Information, etc.
Kyocera ensures appropriate handling of the individual numbers (so-called “My Numbers”) and personal information which includes the individual numbers (hereinafter collectively referred to as “Specific Personal Information, etc.”) in accordance with 1. “Basic policies.”
- Purpose of use of Specific Personal Information, etc.
Kyocera uses the individual numbers and Specific Personal Information, etc. that we are to obtain within the scope necessary to achieve the following purposes:
Specific Personal Information, etc. of business partners Clerical work related to payment records for fees and charges, etc.
Clerical work related to payment records for real estate transactions
Specific Personal Information, etc. provided by outsourcers Performance of operations outsourced by companies (including our group companies) Specific Personal Information, etc. of shareholders Clerical work related to payment records for dividend of surplus
- Provision of Specific Personal Information, etc. to third parties
Kyocera neither provides third parties with nor jointly uses any Specific Personal Information, etc. unless permitted by law.
- Various procedures for handling Specific Personal Information, etc.
When Kyocera receives inquiries about any Specific Personal Information, etc. that we hold or requests for corrections, deletions, etc. of the same, we act in accordance with “Inquiries about or Corrections, Deletions, etc. of Customer' Personal Information (Japanese Only).”
6. Handling of personal information on websites
- Collection of access information by cookies and web beacons
A cookie is a small information file exchanged between a customer’s computer and a website that enables identification of the user who visited the website.
*2 Web beacon
A technique used together with cookies to reveal how many times a customer has visited a particular page.
Kyocera does not use information concerning the user’s browsing history collected through cookies in a manner that allows us to identify individuals without the customer’s consent. Note that any third party to whom we or our group company outsources the distribution of advertisements may refer to cookies stored in customers’ computers to distribute advertisements or promotions of our products.
You may refuse to receive cookies or receive a warning message when you accept cookies, depending on your browser settings. You may also reject web beacons by refusing to accept cookies.
However, if you refuse to accept cookies, you may not be able to use all or some of our website’s functions.
- Use of Google Analytics
Kyocera's websites use Google Analytics to collect access log data for the convenience of our customers or to improve our websites. However the collected access log data does not contain information that can identify individuals.
The access log data is used to administer Kyocera's websites, and for no other purpose.
For more information about how data is collected and used by Google Analytics, read the following pages.
Understanding how data is collected and processed by Google Analytics
- Use of behaviorally targeted advertising
*3 Behaviorally targeted advertising
Behaviorally targeted advertising is an advertising method for distributing advertisements in accordance with the interest of site users which is determined from their browsing history of sites.
･ Google opt-out page:
- Personal information provided on the website
Kyocera uses personal information provided on the website within the scope necessary to achieve the purpose of use explicitly mentioned at the time of request for provision and take appropriate safety measures to ensure appropriate handling in accordance with 1. “Basic policies”.
As stated at the end of the 2. “Purpose of use of personal information,” Kyocera may use statistical information based on the personal information provided; however, the statistical materials to be used will not contain information that identifies individuals.
Access to personal information
Customers may inquire about or request that we disclose, correct or delete, etc. the personal information provided to KYOCERA Corporation by clicking on this link to the inquiry form or sending a written request to Corporate Communications Division at 6, Takeda-tobadono-cho, Fushimi-ku, Kyoto city, Kyoto Prefecture, Japan.
Effective as of January 1, 2005
Revised on September 17, 2021