March 02, 2023
OFC 2023 Expo to Feature Kyocera's Solutions for Next-Generation High-Speed Optics, Including Co-Packaged Optics with Superior Mechanical Reliability
Booth #4141 to showcase Kyocera packages and substrates supporting historic >5000X increase in optical data rates; March 7-9 in San Diego
SAN DIEGO -- Feb. 28, 2023 --Kyocera, the world leader in Fine Ceramics, will unveil its latest high-speed ceramic packages and substrates for optoelectronic devices at OFC®, the world's largest optical fiber communication conference and exposition, March 7-9, at the San Diego Convention Center. Click here for product details.
This year brings the second physical OFC conference since the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic.
For over 40 years, OFC has provided a showcase to define new markets while introducing new technologies for the advancement of fiber-optic communication. OFC's exhibition floor represents the global optical communications supply chain, from sub-components and components to devices, modules, systems, and test equipment.
Kyocera, the leading manufacturer of fiber-optic device packages, has contributed significantly to the technology's evolution by pioneering high-speed electrical routing within multilayer-ceramic substrates. The company's early milestones in optoelectronics involved supporting the original U.S. broadband build-out and the optical network onboard the International Space Station. Since then, Kyocera products have supported an historic increase of more than 5,000X in optical communication data speeds -- from early 155Mbps technology to 800Gbps today.
OFC 2023 will spotlight new advances in enhanced high-speed packages that Kyocera has been developing since last year's show, as well as new ceramic material solutions for the evolving and highly promising technology of silicon photonics. This year, Kyocera will exhibit ceramic solutions specifically engineered to build greater mechanical integrity and reliability into co-packaged optics and Chiplets -- which are attracting global attention as promising alternative technologies for reducing power consumption in data centers, AI / ML Cluster and HPC.*
Kyocera products on display at Booth #4141 will include:
High-Speed Ceramic Packages to Enable 200G Baud Rate
- HTCC (High-Temperature Co-fired Ceramic)
- LTCC (Low- Temperature Co-fired Ceramic)
High-Mechanical-Reliability Ceramics for Co-packaged Optics
- For HPC, AI and ML Cluster*
- Silicon Wafer-Sized Multilayer Ceramic Substrates
- CTE-matched to Silicon, Large Multilayer Ceramic Substates
Components for Silicon Photonics
- EML (Electro-absorption Modulated Laser) Carriers
- DML (Directly Modulated Laser) Carriers
- AlN (Aluminum Nitride) package/substrate material
High Speed TO Can Packages
- Cooled TO56 & TO60 Headers
- Uncooled TO56 & TO38 Headers
- Ceramic TO-56 Package
Other Fiber-Optic Products
- FMCW LiDAR Packages
- Ceramic Dispenser Nozzles
- Unique Zirconia Ferrules and Sleeves for Fiber-Optic Connectors
* OFC is a registered trademark of Optica.
* AI / ML Cluster = Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning Cluster
* HPC = High-performance computing