SN HeatersSN heaters can be used at 1,300 ˚C.
High reliability for automotive component applications.
Kyocera developed and has been providing SN glow plugs with excellent durability at high temperature for diesel engines. Based on such technologies, SN heaters are widely used for gas igniters, kerosene stoves and other non-automotive equipment.
- Silicon Nitride
- Plate Type, Rod Type
- Maximum operation temperature
- Regular operation temperature
- Thermal conductivity (20℃)
- 20 W/(m·K)(SN220)、25 W/(m·K)(SN362)
- Specific heat (20℃)
- 0.66×103J/(kg·K)(SN220)、0.65×103 J/(kg·K)(SN362)
- Coef. of linear thermal expansion (40～800℃)
- 3.2×10-6 /℃(SN220)
- Vickers hardness (Load 500g)
- 13.9 GPa(SN220), 17.1 GPa(SN362)
- 3-point flexural strength
- 610 MPa(SN220)、900 MPa(SN362)
- Internal heating elements are protected from oxidation in air due to a sintered one-piece ceramic body construction.
- Dimension list
Compact / Light-Weight / Energy-Conserving
· High watt density, good thermal efficiency
· Laying of multiple heating elements per unit is available
Superior Thermal Properties
· Rapid heat increase
· Custom designed temperature distribution available
· High levels of insulation allow direct contact with water, kerosene and metal
· Superior dielectric strength and electrical insulation
· Longer life due to oxidation-proof design on resistivity material
· Superior chemical resistance
No Electric Noise
- Automotive Components
- Kerosene & Gas Appliances
- Industrial Heater Applications