Environmentally Friendly Products
What is the RoHS Directive?
This Directive prohibits, effective July 1, 2006, electrical and electronic equipment put on the market in the European Union from containing specified chemical substances exceeding the specified values.
[Specified chemical substance]
Lead (Pb) 1,000ppm, Mercury (Hg) 1,000ppm, Cadmium (Cd) 100ppm, Hexavalent Chromium, (Cr6) 1,000ppm, PolyBrominated Biphenyls (PBB) 1,000ppm, PolyBrominated Diphenyl Ethers (PBDE) 1,000ppm
Tackling lead-free plating
We are developing lead-free products in order to comply with RoHS directives taking effect on July 1, 2006. We were the first in the industry to establish a mass production line using tin-copper dual-layer plating that mitigates whisker formation as well as a line using gold plating and tin plating as lead-free plating alternatives (mass production started in January 2004). With tin-copper dual-layer plating, external stress can be dispersed and alleviated in order to mitigate whisker formation due to the structure of two types of tin-copper plating, matt type and semi-bright type. For details, please refer to the following PDF file.
To control environmentally hazardous substances, we are striving for "design that contains no environmentally hazardous substances," "manufacturing processes that contain no environmentally hazardous substances," and "controls that ship no environmentally hazardous substances."
- 1. Design that contains no environmentally hazardous substances
- Materials used in our products are entered in our database only after they are verified to contain no environmentally hazardous substances prior to development and design. Development and design are conducted using these materials listed in the database to achieve "design that contains no environmentally hazardous substance" thoroughly.
- 2. Manufacturing processes that contain no environmentally hazardous substances
- In our production process as well as purchased materials, we strive to ensure "Do not contain environmentally hazardous substances in products" and "Do not attach to environmentally hazardous substances to products" under the production system that contains no environmentally hazardous substances under our thorough management. A variety of sub-materials are used in our production processes especially, but only those that have been verified not to contain any environmentally harmful substances are used by us.
- 3. Controls that ship no environmentally hazardous substances
- Products produced through "design that includes no environmentally hazardous substances" and "manufacturing processes that contain no environmentally hazardous substances" are verified periodically to achieve "controls that ship no environmentally hazardous substances."
Connectors are disassembled into components such as insulators, contacts, and others to verify that none of them contain a greater amount of any prohibited substance than the specified values.
How to Search RoHS Compliant Connectors
Search by part number or series number
By clicking "Connector Products. RoHS/Packaging Search" of design support tool in the navigation column on the right side of the screen, RoHS compliance status can be checked for each part number by entering part number (six digits) or Series number (four digits).
To retrieve through available pin counts for each Series
Through "Part No. List by Number of Positions" on the each Series product page, RoHS compliance status for each part number of your desire can be checked.