Environmentally Friendly Products
What is the RoHS Directive?
This Directive prohibits electrical and electronic equipment put on the market in the European Union from containing specified chemical substances exceeding the specified values. On July 22, 2019 and later, 4 phthalate esters (DEHP, BBP, DBP and DIBP) will be newly added to the list of restricted substances.
|Date of start||Substance||Threshold|
|July 1, 2006||Cadmium (Cd)||0.01wt%（100ppm）|
|Hexavalent chromium (CrVI)|
|Polybrominated biphenyls (PBB)|
|Polybrominated diphenyl ethers (PBDE)|
|July 22, 2019||Bis(2-ethylhexyl) phthalate (DEHP)||0.1wt%（1000ppm）|
|Butylbenzyl phthalate (BBP)|
|Dibutyl phthalate (DBP)|
|Di-isobutyl phthalate (DIBP)|
- What is phthalate ester?
- It is a generic term for ester bond-formed compounds of phthalic acid and alcohol. Phthalate esters are mainly used as an additive (plasticizer) to soften plastics such as polyvinyl chloride (PVC).
- Principal use of phthalate esters specific to electrical and electronic equipment:
- They are used for wiring components such as PVC (polyvinyl chloride) coated cables and sleeves. In addition, they may be included in all soft resin parts such as rubber, tape, film, reel, antistatic mat, conveyor belt, etc. used for exteriors and printed circuit boards.
- Feature of phthalate esters:
- Phthalate esters have the property of transferring to other products upon contact. For this reason, it is necessary to manage the sub-materials, tools and jigs that contact products in the manufacturing process, as they may be accidentally attached to products under the same concept as the existing RoHS restricted 6 substances.
How to Search RoHS Compliant Connectors
Search by part number or series number
By clicking "Connector Products. RoHS/Packaging Search" of design support tool in the navigation column on the right side of the screen, RoHS compliance status can be checked for each part number by entering part number (six digits) or Series number (four digits).
To retrieve through available pin counts for each Series
Through "Part No. List by Number of Positions" on the each Series product page, RoHS compliance status for each part number of your desire can be checked.