Caution during operation of equipment
A capacitor shall not be touched directly with bare hands during operation in order to avoid an electric shock.
Electric energy which the capacitor holds may be discharged through the human body when touched with a bare hand.
Even when the equipment is off, a capacitor may stay charged. The capacitor should be handled after being completely discharged using a resistor.
The terminals of a capacitor shall not be short-circuited with any accidental contact with a conductive object.
A capacitor shall not be exposed to a conductive liquid such as an acid or alkali solution.
A conductive object or liquid such as acid and alkali between the terminals may lead to the breakdown of a capacitor due to short circuit.
Confirm that the environment to which the equipment will be exposed during transportation and operation
meets the specified conditions.
The equipment under the following environment should not be used. (See Operating temperature, Atmosphere surroundings (gaseous and liquid) and Exposure to irradiation)
- (1) Environment where a capacitor is spattered with water or oil.
- (2) Environment where a capacitor is exposed to direct sunlight.
- (3) Environment where a capacitor is exposed to Ozone, ultraviolet rays or radiation.
- (4) Environment where a capacitor is exposed to corrosive gas (e.g. hydrogen sulfide, sulfur dioxide, chlorine, ammonia gas etc.)
- (5) Environment where a capacitor is exposed to a vibration or mechanical shock exceeding the specified limits.
- (6) Atmosphere change which causes dew condensation.
Safety Application Guide for Multilayer Ceramic Chip Capacitors All Lists