This news release is intended for media purposes, and is current of the date of publication. Information is subject to change without notice.
KYOCERA Group to Exhibit “Future Technologies for 2020” at CEATEC JAPAN 2015 Tradeshow Oct. 7-10
From automotive technologies to ruggedized smartphones, the company’s wide range of products will be on display
Based on the concept of “Future Technologies for 2020,” the Kyocera Group will introduce its technological and integrated capabilities in various fields. A highlight of Kyocera’s booth will be an interactive car driver’s seat demo equipped with the company’s driver assistance technologies. In the field of healthcare, Kyocera will carry out on-stage presentations of its new mobile device-based support service, “Daily Support®,” which aims to assist with continuous lifestyle habit improvements. Furthermore, the company will also showcase new functions of the “TORQUE G02,” the world’s first smartphone featuring seawater resistance*.
Driver’s seat demo
Mobile device-based support service for lifestyle modification
Ultra-rugged TORQUE G02 smartphone demo
|Visitors can try out the interactive demo featuring various technologies with industry-leading levels of performance including a heads-up display (HUD).||Visitors can demo “Daily Support®,” a new service to assist with continuous lifestyle habit improvements through the use of a smartphone and wearable device.||Kyocera will introduce the attractive features of “TORQUE G02,” the world’s first smartphone with seawater resistance.|
Outline & Highlights of Kyocera’s Booth
|Dates||October 7 (Wed) - 10 (Sat), 2015 (10:00-17:00)|
|Location||Makuhari Messe (Chiba Pref., Japan), Hall 5, Booth #5K52|
|Web site||CEATEC JAPAN 2015 http://www.ceatec.com/en/|
Featured: Various products which enhance safety and comfort in automobiles including technologies contributing to driver assistance and components with industry-leading levels of performance.
Highlights: An interactive car driver’s seat demo featuring Kyocera’s high-brightness heads-up display (HUD) as well as a steering wheel equipped with the company’s “Haptivity” technology which provides the tactile feedback of a real button. Showcase of cutting-edge components including a soot sensor for emissions utilizing a newly developed material.
Telecommunications Solutions / Healthcare:
Featured: Diverse solutions including a new mobile device-based support service for healthy lifestyle modification, new line of smartphones, systems for providing communication services and electricity in times of emergency, and M2M solutions which are essential for the coming IoT boom.
Highlights: On-stage presentations of the “Daily Support®,” a new service to assist with continuous lifestyle habit improvements through the use of a smartphone and wearable device, and demonstration of the “TORQUE G02” smartphone which enables users to take photos even in the ocean.
Life & Culture:
Featured: Kyocera’s LEDs featuring excellent color reproduction and long life, as well as infrared lenses applied in various life scenes.
Highlights: Displays on diverse uses for Kyocera’s high-color rendering LEDs including an experimentation for plant cultivation, as well as infrared lenses utilized in microwaves, electronic thermometers, human sensors for air conditions and other applications.
Environment & Energy:
Featured: Residential energy solutions combining solar power generation with battery storage systems and home energy management systems (HEMS), and automatic demand response (ADR) networks which automatically optimize the balance between supply and demand of electric power to ensure a stable supply.
Highlights: Showcase of a storage system which can be linked with residential-use fuel cells, and introductions on demonstration tests of automatic demand response (ADR) systems in Japan looking towards the upcoming liberalization of the electricity industry.
Components / Devices:
Features: Various components and devices which support the development of the electronics industry.
Highlights: Displays of new inkjet printheads for printing onto ceramic construction tiles, textiles, etc., in addition to various devices such as ceramic packages, MLCCs, connectors and chemical material, as well as the company’s one-of-a-kind opal material with increasing decorative applications. Business introduction of the newly consolidated Nihon Inter Electronics Corporation.
* World’s first smartphone available in the market with resistance to seawater. Based on research by NEO MARKETING INC. (as of March 31, 2015).
“Daily Support” is a registered trademark of Kyocera Corporation in Japan.
- Semiconductor Industry: KYOCERA and Vicor to Collaborate on Advanced Power-on-Package Solutions
- KYOCERA Launches 0.5mm-Pitch FPC/FFC Connectors with World's Highest Pin Count for High-Speed Transmission
- KYOCERA to Acquire 100% Ownership of H.C. Starck Ceramics GmbH, a Germany-based Manufacturer of Advanced Ceramics
- KYOCERA Introduces Irish Claddagh Ring Designed by Paul Costelloe, Using Hypoallergenic COBARION
- KYOCERA’s Kyoto Opal Sparkles in New Glitters by Nail Labo
- KYOCERA Kyoto Opal Used in Textile for First Time, Provides Seven-Color Sparkle
- KYOCERA to Exhibit Cutting-Edge Devices, Systems and Concept Car at Automotive Engineering Exposition 2018
- KYOCERA Introduces New LCD Panels for Automotive Head-Up Displays
- Changes in Organizational Structure, Executive Officers and Management Personnel
- KYOCERA Honored by Japan's METI for Aquala® Artificial Hip Joint Technology
- KYOCERA to Expand Medical Product Development
- AVX Adds New Medical Device Development Facility to Its Corporate Headquarters
- KYOCERA's New Air-Cooled UV Curing Light is World's Smallest, Lightest and Most Powerful
- New KYOCERA a-Si Photoreceptor Drum for Document Equipment Improves Durability, Reduces Internal Friction by 30 Percent
- InPrint 2016: KYOCERA Presents 360 dpi Inkjet Printhead with Exceptionally High Print Speed and an Efficient Ink Circulation System
- KYOCERA and LO3 ENERGY to Demonstrate Blockchain-Managed Virtual Power Plant
- KYOCERA TCL Solar Completes 28MW Solar Power Plant in Miyagi Prefecture, Japan
- KYOCERA to Participate in Japan's Virtual Power Plant Project to Improve Energy Management
- Mobile Industry Works Together to Deliver Complete 5G System Standard on Time
- Kyocera DuraTR Launches at Sprint, Offering Military-grade Ruggedization and Support for New Sprint Direct Connect Plus PTT Service
- KYOCERA and Intrepid Networks Join Forces to Support Arlington County Police Department's Security Operations During the 42nd Marine Corps Marathon