This news release is intended for media purposes, and is current of the date of publication. Information is subject to change without notice.
KYOCERA, Microsoft Expand Technology Sharing Agreement
Renewed collaboration includes cross-license for patents and resolves litigation
July 2, 2015Today Kyocera Corporation and Microsoft Corp. announced they have signed an agreement expanding on a prior patent licensing arrangement. The new agreement enables the companies to use a broader range of each other’s technologies in their respective products through a patent cross license.
In addition to strengthening the partnership between the two companies, it also resolves a patent infringement lawsuit brought earlier this year in U.S. District Court. The remaining details of the agreement are confidential.
Related News for Corporate / Management
- KYOCERA Document Solutions Named a "Major Player" in IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Security Solutions and Services 2017
- Financial Results for the Six Months Ended September 30, 2017
- KYOCERA Enhances its AI-based Online Image Classifying Service “Labellio” with Higher Capacity for Big Data
Related News for Telecom / Mobile Phones
- KYOCERA and Intrepid Networks Join Forces to Support Arlington County Police Department's Security Operations During the 42nd Marine Corps Marathon
- KYOCERA Begins Research in AI-based Image Recognition to Help Diagnose Skin Diseases and Cancers via Smartphone
- KYOCERA Introduces “TORQUE® G03” Rugged Smartphone in Japan