This news release is intended for media purposes, and is current of the date of publication. Information is subject to change without notice.
KYOCERA, Microsoft Expand Technology Sharing Agreement
Renewed collaboration includes cross-license for patents and resolves litigation
July 2, 2015Today Kyocera Corporation and Microsoft Corp. announced they have signed an agreement expanding on a prior patent licensing arrangement. The new agreement enables the companies to use a broader range of each other’s technologies in their respective products through a patent cross license.
In addition to strengthening the partnership between the two companies, it also resolves a patent infringement lawsuit brought earlier this year in U.S. District Court. The remaining details of the agreement are confidential.
Related News for Corporate / Management
- KYOCERA to Acquire 100% Ownership of H.C. Starck Ceramics GmbH, a Germany-based Manufacturer of Advanced Ceramics
- KYOCERA to Acquire 100% Ownership of Van Aerden Group BV, a European-based Manufacturer of Pneumatic Tools
- Financial Results for the Nine Months Ended December 31, 2018
Related News for Telecom / Mobile Phones
- Mobile Industry Works Together to Deliver Complete 5G System Standard on Time
- Kyocera DuraTR Launches at Sprint, Offering Military-grade Ruggedization and Support for New Sprint Direct Connect Plus PTT Service
- KYOCERA and Intrepid Networks Join Forces to Support Arlington County Police Department's Security Operations During the 42nd Marine Corps Marathon