This news release is intended for media purposes, and is current of the date of publication. Information is subject to change without notice.
KYOCERA Headquarters Illumination & Concert Schedule 2014
210,000 LEDs to light up a winter tradition, painting the night in an illuminating array of colors
December 1, 2014Kyocera Corporation (President: Goro Yamaguchi) announced the opening of the 2014 illumination, which will be held at its headquarters building in Kyoto City, Japan from December 1 through 25. Kyocera has been presenting this holiday season illumination event to help invigorate the local community ever since the company's current headquarters were established in 1998.
|Past illumination scenes|
In the evenings, the headquarters building, public garden area in front of the main entrance, and the area around The Inamori Library will be transformed with roughly 210,000 LEDs of various colors and an 86-meter giant Christmas tree display.
For the giant Christmas tree, the Kyocera headquarters 20-story building is decorated to create the shape of a classic fir tree by utilizing or blocking selected lighting from office windows on both the east and west sides of the building. Flashing lamps, green and red lighting and a huge "Merry X-mas" sign complete the festive holiday scene which can be seen from near and far.
There will also be a classical concert performed by the Seibo Gakuin Junior High School / High School handbell and chorus groups. Come to enjoy the heart-warming voices and harmonious sound of the handbells while viewing the illumination display.
Date: December 18, 2014 (Thu) 18:30-19:30 (tentative)
Location: Kyocera headquarters lobby 1st floor
|Event||Kyocera Headquarters Illumination 2014|
|Dates||Illumination: Dec 1 (Mon) - Dec 25 (Thu) 17:30 - 22:00
Giant Christmas Tree: Dec 15 (Mon) - 25 (Thu) 17:30 - 22:00
|Location||Kyocera headquarters building, the garden area in front of the main entrance and the area around The Inamori Library|
|Address||Head Office 6 Takeda Tobadono-cho, Fushimi-ku, Kyoto-shi, Japan 612-8501|
|Access||- From Kyoto Station Hachijyoguchi exit take REX bus (15 min)
- From Takeda Station (Kintetsu Line / Kyoto Subway Karasuma Line) exit the north-west exit and take a city bus to Pulse Plaza stop (5 min)
- From Kintetsu Line Fushimi Station 10 minute walk
- From Keihan Line Chushojima Station take a city bus to Pulse Plaza stop (10 min)
|Parking||Parking available on weekends and holidays at Pulse Plaza on the north side of the Kyocera building except Dec 22 and 23 (gates close at 21:45)|
Related News for CSR Activities
- KYOCERA and Intrepid Networks Join Forces to Support Arlington County Police Department's Security Operations During the 42nd Marine Corps Marathon
- The Kyocera Museum of Art to Feature Special Exhibition “Dawn of Restoration — Exhibition Commemorating the 150th Anniversary of the Battle of Toba-Fushimi”
- KYOCERA Hosts 2nd Cultural Exchange Tour for Vietnamese Children