This news release is intended for media purposes, and is current of the date of publication. Information is subject to change without notice.
CEATEC Japan 2013: KYOCERA Wins 2 Awards for Innovative Technologies
Piezo film speaker and ultra-rugged 4G LTE Torque smartphone take prizes
October 3, 2013Kyocera Corporation (President: Goro Yamaguchi) is proud to announce that two of its new technologies and products have received innovation awards at the CEATEC JAPAN 2013 tradeshow — one of Asia’s premier showcases for pioneering IT and electronics. Kyocera’s ultra-thin, lightweight Smart Sonic® Sound piezo film speaker picked up the Minister of Economy, Trade and Industry Award (CEATEC Award 2013). The company’s ultra-rugged Torque smartphone — the first handset in the U.S. to feature Smart Sonic Receiver® audio technology — took the CEATEC 2013 Innovation Award in the Mobile Technology category. The Smart Sonic technologies utilize a piezoelectric ceramic actuator to create innovative new audio experiences in consumer electronics.
Kyocera’s Smart Sonic Sound piezo film speaker (medium size model)
At just 1 mm thickness and only 7 grams*1, the Smart Sonic Sound piezo film speaker will not only contribute to making digital devices such as flat-screen TVs, PCs and tablets thinner and lighter, but also enhances audio quality for a much more realistic audio experience. Its audio characteristics provide 180-degree sound quality and bring delicate and minute sounds to life more clearly. This innovative technology has been utilized for the first time in LG’s new 55” curved-screen OLED TV.
|Kyocera’s Torque 4G LTE Android smartphone is built to Military Standard 810G (MilSpec) to withstand dust, shock, extreme temperatures and other elements. It also comes equipped with the award-winning Smart Sonic Receiver, which revolutionizes how sounds are heard by using a ceramic actuator to send vibrations through the display screen via tissue conduction and traditional air conduction, allowing the user to hear more clearly in noisy environments, and eliminating the need for a conventional speaker.
*1 Specs of medium size model.
“Smart Sonic” and “Smart Sonic Receiver” are trademarks of Kyocera Corporation registered in Japan.
Related News for Awards
- KYOCERA Wins CEATEC Award for "Amcenna" IoT Antenna
- KYOCERA Receives Mexico's Highest Environmental Award for Third Consecutive Year
- KYOCERA Honored by Japan's METI for Aquala® Artificial Hip Joint Technology
Related News for Components / Electronic Devices
- KYOCERA to Build New Manufacturing Plant in Kanagawa, Japan for Conductive and Insulation Pastes
- KYOCERA Introduces Reliable, Waterproof Branch Connector for Harsh Conditions of Automotive Electronics
- KYOCERA Group to Exhibit Innovative Technologies and Products at CEATEC JAPAN 2018 Tradeshow Oct. 16-19
Related News for Telecom / Mobile Phones
- Mobile Industry Works Together to Deliver Complete 5G System Standard on Time
- Kyocera DuraTR Launches at Sprint, Offering Military-grade Ruggedization and Support for New Sprint Direct Connect Plus PTT Service
- KYOCERA and Intrepid Networks Join Forces to Support Arlington County Police Department's Security Operations During the 42nd Marine Corps Marathon