This news release is intended for media purposes, and is current of the date of publication. Information is subject to change without notice.
KYOCERA Group to Exhibit at CEATEC JAPAN 2013 Tradeshow Oct. 1-5
See and hear the new 1mm ultra-thin piezo film speaker along with a diverse range of indispensable products for lifestyle and business
A highlight of Kyocera’s booth will be a demonstration of the new 1mm ultra-thin piezo film speaker which was born of the company’s proprietary fine ceramics technology. Showcasing the Kyocera Group’s technological and integrated capabilities in both lifestyle and business applications, the company’s booth is arranged into theme displays: Environmental & Energy, Information & Communications, and Automotive Components.
Highlights & Outline of Kyocera’s Booth
Highlights on display
Piezo film speaker
|Hear the new 1mm-thin piezo film speaker with your own ears. Its low directivity characteristics broaden the sound projection range providing 180-degree sound quality, and its high responsivity brings delicate and minute sounds to life providing a much more realistic audio experience.|
Newest U.S. smartphone
Kyocera’s Home Energy
Management System (HEMS)
October 1* (Tue) - 5 (Sat), 2013 (10:00-17:00)
Makuhari Messe (Chiba Pref., Japan), Hall 2, Booth #2A61
CEATEC JAPAN 2013 http://www.ceatec.com/2013/en/
Theme Displays (planned)
Featured products: Ultra-thin lightweight piezo film speaker, Smart Sonic Receiver technology, vibrating device to make hard surfaces into a speaker (under development).
Highlights: Hear the world’s first* piezo film speaker used in flat-screen TVs, place new vibrating device on a hard surface and watch it transform into a speaker.
Environmental & Energy:
Featured products: High-quality solar modules and Li-ion storage batteries combined with an Energy Management System (EMS).
Highlights: Video presentation introducing Kyocera’s EMS and solar power generating systems.
Information & Communications:
Featured products: New smartphones and feature phones for the U.S. and Japan markets which feature Smart Sonic Receiver technology, electronic packages and components used in handsets and base stations.
Highlights: Touch-and-try demonstrations of the company’s newest mobile phones and Smart Sonic Receiver technology which transmits clear voice reception via vibrations on the display screen.
Featured products: “Fast, beautiful, durable and eco” is the motto behind Kyocera’s diverse range of printing devices.
Highlights: Video display and print sample of Kyocera’s textile-use inkjet printheads, demos of the speed of photo and receipt application thermal printheads.
Featured products: A variety of components and devices that contribute to higher intelligence and environmental efficiency in automobiles.
Highlights: Exhibition of high brightness LCDs for automotive applications provided by Kyocera Display Corporation.
Featured products: “Kyoto Opal” material applications using the company’s original crystal technology.
Highlights: Premium clock used in the high-end Lexus automobile, and various new application examples.
Kyocera HEMS displayed in ECHONET Consortium booth (6G10)
Kyocera’s home energy management system (HEMS) will also be on display in the lifestyle innovation display in the ECHONET Consortium’s booth — an organization which Kyocera is a member to that aims to develop standards for and promote the use of energy conservation and home network systems.
* First piezo film speaker to be used in a flat-screen TV. As of July 2013; based on research by Kyocera.
- KYOCERA Technology Used to Create one of the World’s Smallest Crystal Units Awarded Prestigious Research Prize in Japan
- AVX Corporation Announces a Definitive Agreement to Acquire the Transportation, Sensing, & Control Division of TT Electronics PLC
- KYOCERA Launches New Electronic Connectors that Feature One-Touch Locking for Automated Assembly Processes
- KYOCERA’s Kyoto Opal Sparkles in New Glitters by Nail Labo
- KYOCERA Kyoto Opal Used in Textile for First Time, Provides Seven-Color Sparkle
- KYOCERA “Kyoto Opal” Utilized in Decorative Design of Yamaha Trombone
- KYOCERA Enhances LCD Performance with New Optical Bonding Technology
- KYOCERA Introduces 6.2" LCD Display in 16:6 Format for Industrial and Medical Applications
- Electronica 2016: Kyocera Presents Brand New Technologies for the Automotive Industry
- New KYOCERA a-Si Photoreceptor Drum for Document Equipment Improves Durability, Reduces Internal Friction by 30 Percent
- InPrint 2016: KYOCERA Presents 360 dpi Inkjet Printhead with Exceptionally High Print Speed and an Efficient Ink Circulation System
- KYOCERA Expands Its Market Presence by Opening a New Office in Italy
- KYOCERA to Participate in Virtual Power Plant Test Project to Improve Energy Management
- KYOCERA Develops Industry’s First 3-Kilowatt Solid-Oxide Fuel Cell for Institutional Cogeneration
- Kyocera, Gaia Power, Kyudenko and Tokyo Century Announce Groundbreaking of 92MW Solar Power Plant in Japan
- KYOCERA and Intrepid Networks Join Forces to Support Arlington County Police Department's Security Operations During the 42nd Marine Corps Marathon
- KYOCERA Begins Research in AI-based Image Recognition to Help Diagnose Skin Diseases and Cancers via Smartphone
- KYOCERA Introduces “TORQUE® G03” Rugged Smartphone in Japan