The goal of life is to refine the soul
Regardless of how we have lived our lives to this day, and regardless of personal will, our lives have been woven into the fabric of destiny and the Law of Cause & Effect. Amid these circumstances, in my view, our goal should be to refine ourselves, and to develop a purer mind and a purer soul.
To refine the mind is to refine the soul. Rephrasing, refining the mind raises personal character. The result is an enrichment of human nature, and the creation of a more pure humanity. My wish, for when the end of life approaches, is to have raised my soul into something even just a little more pure than it was at the time of my birth, to have a pure mind filled with kindness and consideration.
However, despite the desire to refine the mind in this manner, the truth is that human beings have a lot of difficulty putting this concept into practice. Nevertheless, I believe that even the mere action one takes to raise one's character, to turn one's mind and soul into something higher through repeated effort, is itself something to be esteemed.
Ehime Civic Forum (August 6, 2014) Summary
What is the Purpose of Life?
- Contemplate virtue, do good deeds, and your life will turn for the better
- Contemplating virtue harmonizes with the Will of the Universe, which creates and enhances all things
- My life improved by adhering to the Law of Cause & Effect
- The true factors behind reconstruction of Japan Airlines
- The goal of life is to refine the soul
- Main quotes