What is the Purpose of Life?
While leading Kyocera and other companies, Inamori reflected constantly, asking himself, What is the purpose of life?
This section introduces part of a lecture Inamori gave on this theme during a Civic Forum* organized by Seiwajyuku held in Japan's Ehime Prefecture in August 2014.
*Civic Forum: Starting in 2002, from his earnest desire to help people advance and better themselves, Inamori has lectured on his personal philosophy of life. These civic forums have been conducted not only for Seiwajyuku students, but for the general public as well. The forums have been held mainly in Japan, with a total audience of more than 100,000 attendees.
- Contemplate virtue, do good deeds, and your life will turn for the better
- Contemplating virtue harmonizes with the Will of the Universe, which creates and enhances all things
- My life improved by adhering to the Law of Cause & Effect
- The true factors behind reconstruction of Japan Airlines
- The goal of life is to refine the soul
- Main quotes