Develop unshakeable will through adversity
Simply having knowledge of the Nanshu-o Ikun teachings is meaningless. 'Knowing' and 'being able to apply' are entirely different. Anyone can acquire knowledge, but unless you raise knowledge to a level that stirs the soul, it remains useless.
As Saigo described in the 5th passage of Nanshu-o Ikun, human beings experience continual trials and hardships. Unless one experiences the process of overcoming each one as it emerges, one's philosophy, thinking and will remain unsound. Once we decide to overcome, we must appeal repeatedly to our inner soul, and truly make our thinking an integral part of our being.
Seiwajyuku Kanto Region Jyukucho Meeting (December 11, 2007) Summary
Learning about the Ideal State of a Leader from Nanshu Saigo
- To sustain success, control desire
- Kyocera's management is based on the spirit of Respect the Divine and Love People
- Encounter Nanshu-o Ikun, and learn the importance of selflessness
- Appoint leaders who have the character and qualities appropriate for the post
- Remain humble
- Eschew the temptations of life, fame, position and money
- Use no tricks
- Develop unshakeable will through adversity
- Main quotes