Encounter Nanshu-o Ikun, and learn the importance of selflessness
Nanshu-o Ikun, a collection of the ideas of Nanshu Saigo, explains at length the ideal state of a leader. The introduction states that a person standing at the top and taking the Divine road (as in Respect the Divine) must suppress even the slightest thoughts of self-interest.
When the person at the top follows their individual interests, the organization will perish. Nanshu Saigo teaches that only people who are able to think constantly about what is best for the organization, people who are willing to sacrifice themselves, should be in leadership positions.
Seiwajyuku Kanto Region Jyukucho Meeting (December 11, 2007) Summary
Learning about the Ideal State of a Leader from Nanshu Saigo
- To sustain success, control desire
- Kyocera's management is based on the spirit of Respect the Divine and Love People
- Encounter Nanshu-o Ikun, and learn the importance of selflessness
- Appoint leaders who have the character and qualities appropriate for the post
- Remain humble
- Eschew the temptations of life, fame, position and money
- Use no tricks
- Develop unshakeable will through adversity
- Main quotes