Learning about the Ideal State of a Leader from Nanshu Saigo
This section introduces a lecture Inamori gave on the theme “Learning about the Ideal State of a Leader from Nanshu Saigo,” during the Seiwajyuku Kanto Region Jyukucho Meeting of December 11, 2007.
Inamori has read Nanshu-o Ikun many times, which elucidates the ideas of Nanshu Saigo, a highly esteemed hero from Inamori's home prefecture of Kagoshima. Nanshu-o Ikun has provided important guidelines for Inamori in life and in management.
- To sustain success, control desire
- Kyocera's management is based on the spirit of Respect the Divine and Love People
- Encounter Nanshu-o Ikun, and learn the importance of selflessness
- Appoint leaders who have the character and qualities appropriate for the post
- Remain humble
- Eschew the temptations of life, fame, position and money
- Use no tricks
- Develop unshakeable will through adversity
- Main quotes